OSMC’s October update is here with a large number of improvements. In particular, we’ve added support for new Raspberry Pi hardware and made a number of playback improvements for Vero 4K / Vero 4K +. HDR and bit depth switching should now work well without any manual configuration by users. Users should notice improved picture quality on these devices. We have now caught up on the Vero shipping backlog and we are offering prompt dispatch for all orders.
Team Kodi have now announced that they have started the official beta release cycle for Kodi v18 (Leia). Test builds for Raspberry Pi and Vero devices are available in our forums.
We will release official test builds shortly.
Here’s what’s new:
- Fixed an issue where some HDR content could look too dark on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Fixed a regression which caused high CPU usage on Vero 4K / Vero 4K + when Bluetooth was enabled
- Fix an issue where the My OSMC updater may crash when downloading updates
- Fix CMA issues which caused poor video performance on Raspberry Pi under high CPU load
Improving the user experience
- Improved Ethernet performance on Vero 4K + when connected at Gigabit speeds
- Added support for automatic colour space switching without manual configuration on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +. As a result, the HDR autoswitching option has been removed from OSMC.
- Added support for HDMI hotplugging on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +. This fixes issues with video modes being unavailable if Vero is turned on before the TV or AV receiver is turned on.
- Added support for Raspberry Pi DVB uHat
- Added support for Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
- Improved OSMC skin
- Include ‘psmisc’ package by default to simplify installing of OpenVPN add-ons that depend on it
- Updated Raspberry Pi kernel to 4.14.78
- Updated Raspberry Pi firmware
- Updated toolchains
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.