OSMC’s August update is ready with some small improvements to keep your device in good working order. This update features a large number of fixes and improvements. We have also been busy in the background working on the Vero 4K + shipping backlog
Team Kodi have now announced that they have started the official beta release cycle for Kodi v18 (Leia). Test builds for Raspberry Pi and Vero devices are available in our forums.
We will release official beta builds shortly.
Here’s what’s new:
- Fixed an issue which resulted in a green screen when sending a 4:2:2 chroma signal on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Fixed an issue where WiFi would cause high CPU usage and temperatures on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Fixed an issue which could cause poor playback performance under load on Raspberry Pi devices
- Fixed highlighting of ‘next up’ notification when using the OSMC skin.
- Added support for ZRAM to Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Don’t run
sudocommands which may not be possible when logging in as the non-OSMC user
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.