OSMC’s July update is ready with a wide range of improvements to keep your OSMC device running in tip-top shape. This update features a large number of fixes and improvements. This update adds support for the newly announced Vero 4K + which is on sale at an introductory price.
Team Kodi have now announced that they have started the official alpha release cycle for Kodi v18 (Leia). Test builds for Raspberry Pi and Vero devices are available in our forums.
Here’s what’s new:
- Fix an issue which could cause Vero 4K / Vero 4K + to boot in the wrong video mode
- Fix an issue which could cause loss of video output when Kodi exits on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Fix brightness and contrast controls for video playback on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Fixed issues with My OSMC’s overclocking module for Raspberry Pi
- Fixed usability issues in OSMC skin with weather display
- Fixed an issue which prevented DTS-HD HRA audio from being played back on some Denon receivers with Cirrus Logic chipsets
- Fixed an issue which broke NFS booting after updating to ConnMan 1.36
- Fixed an issue where media modules depending on frame vector support would not work on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
Improving the user experience
- Added support for Bluetooth 4.2 for Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Vero 4K / Vero 4K + platforms
- Improved playback performance of VC-1 content on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Improved visibility of highlighted items in the OSMC skin
- Added FBTFT support for Raspberry Pi
- Users no longer need to select PCM output for LPCM 7.1 audio on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Improved Ethernet RX performance for Vero 4K
- Added support for connecting to hidden SSIDs on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Added support for additional DVB modules on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Improved 24-bit audio output on Vero 4K / Vero 4K +
- Improved IR remote response on Vero 4K / Vero 4K + when using RC6 remotes
- Added support for Vero 4K +
- Added support for 2nd generation OSMC DVB-T2 tuners
- Log uploader handles files with non-ASCII characters more gracefully
- The latest language translation files are now used when building Kodi
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.