OSMC’s November update is here. These changes come in light, as Kodi Jarvis (v16) is very stable as it nears its end of its life. We have been working on preparing OSMC for Kodi Krypton (v17) and test builds are now available. We will continue to update them.
We have also been working on a new version of the OSMC skin which will be compatible with the upcoming Kodi release. We’ve taken a lot of community feedback on board and we continue to update and improve the skin.
Here’s what’s new:
- Fix an issue with Raspberry Pi NOOBS images that could prevent installation
- Ensure that sound is configured correctly even when the EDID cannot be read from the display on Vero 2
- Fixed a bug which could cause graphical issues with Sub Station Alpha subtitles
Improving the user experience
- Improved playback with out of spec clips on Vero 2
- Speed up the boot by only mounting
/bootwhen it is accessed
- Speed up the boot by only mounting the root filesystem once when booting
- Add support for configuring JustBoom DAC and Digi audio boards via My OSMC
- Add the ability to configure whether to auto-wake AVRs via CEC to Kodi’s peripheral menu
- Allow users to configure a video mode manually when their device reports an incorrect EDID on Vero 2
- Reduce system log spam from CEC on Vero 2
- Allow ARM binaries built with old toolchains that target the old ELF interpreter to run successfully
- Add support for using swap when building OSMC packages to the build system
- Added support for taking screenshots via
- Added kernel module for Twofish cipher support for all platforms
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
Black Friday Bargains
You may also wish to check out our store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC. This weekend is special. We’re celebrating Black Friday by offering up to 40% off OSMC products in our Store. Don’t miss your chance to grab a bargain.