OSMC’s July update is here. We hope you’re having a great Summer holiday and we released this update to make sure your OSMC viewing experience remains in tip-top shape.
This update comes in lighter than usual due to the holidays, with many developers traveling or taking some much needed time off. Here’s what’s new:
- Fix an issue where DNS servers are added in the reverse order
- Fix an issue where ConnMan could interfere with Docker virtual interfaces
Improving the user experience
- Improved Kodi add-on repository reliability by using OSMC CDN
- Reduce the amount of time that the network goes down for when updating networking packages
- Improved stability when overclocking SD cards on the Raspberry Pi
- Improved Vero 2 NAND write speeds
- Improved USB bandwidth scheduling for better throughput
- Add support for more WiFi adapters on Vero 2
- Updated Raspberry Pi kernel to 4.4.16
- Updated Vero 2 kernel to 3.10.102
- Add Python interface support for libCEC
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.