We’re happy to announce OSMC’s Christmas update is here. These changes come in light as Kodi Jarvis (v16) is near the end of its life and is very stable. We have been working on preparing OSMC for Kodi Krypton (v17) and test builds are now available. We will continue to update them.
We have also been working on a new version of the OSMC skin which will be compatible with the upcoming Kodi release. We’ve taken a lot of community feedback on board and we continue to update and improve the skin.
Here’s what’s new:
- Fix an issue where AppleTV installations may mount the root filesystem as read-only
- Fix an issue with SFTP Avahi announcement that prevented accessing SFTP on some systems via the File Manager.
Improving the user experience
- Improved WiFi performance by reducing background scanning under certain environmental conditions
- Improvements to OSMC’s experiemental Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) support
- Improved handling of NFS boots with better DHCP lease handling
- Add better initramfs debugging support
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
We’ve kept things simple, as we understand how important is for OSMC to just work, especially over the festive period. Have a Merry Christmas, and see you in the New Year!